Accounting and Taxation
Our approach to taxation is proactive and advisory, with annual income tax return preparation being a by-product of the more important issues – ongoing tax planning and tax advice.
We focus our efforts not only on compliance matters but rather on the value added services that create wealth and growth and are often forgotten about by your “traditional” accounting practices.
Our clients are predominantly small and medium sized privately owned businesses and individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and industries. Services and solutions are provided in the following areas:
- General accounting and taxation services
- Tax advice and compliance services relating to income tax, capital gains tax, fringe benefits tax, GST, payroll tax and work cover matters
- Tax planning and advice, including business and ownership structures (advice on establishment and restructures)
- Budgeting, Cash Flow and Forecasting
- Management reporting, performance analysis including KPI and “What If’s” analysis
- Due diligence for business acquisitions
- Audit of trust accounts (e.g. legal, real estate agents, accounting firms) and not for profit organisations
- Company secretarial and administration support
Cloud accounting (The way of the future!!)
As a certified XERO partner we embrace the fully integrated suite of XERO products and partner add ons as it enables us to better understand your businesses performance “real time” and assist by thus providing timely advice.
We also work closely with our clients to integrate their XERO files with add ons (such as Debtor Daddy, Fathom and many others) in order to improve the efficiency of their day to day operations.
To put it simply, cloud or online accounting means small business owners stay connected to their data and their accountants. This is imperative in the success of any business!!
AP Taxation provides clients with registered and competent bookkeepers that can handle all your bookkeeping needs.
We use XERO, MYOB and QuickBooks platforms to complete data entry and BAS/IAS lodgements. Our bookkeepers and tax adviser’s work collaboratively to ensure all compliance and tax planning matters are addressed throughout the financial year.
In addition we also provide accounting software training and initial setup, conversion and on-going support.
AP Taxation provides clients with comprehensive expert advice and product knowledge from determining a client’s borrowing requirements through to assistance with all aspects of the credit application process. This service can tailor a solution that meets the client’s needs with both business and consumer products sourced at competitive rates, whilst also structured to minimise tax. Services provided include:
- Residential and personal lending
- Commercial, development and investment lending
- Commercial equipment finance
- Cash flow lending
- Debtor Finance (Factoring)
- Debt consolidation and management
- Private funding
Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF)
As the government encourages Australians to take responsibility for their own retirement and to build a nest egg which allows them to become self-funded retirees, superannuation has become a major part of all retirement plans.
A SMSF enables you to control your investment strategy, reduce personal tax whilst obtaining tax benefits within the superannuation fund regime. Superannuation law is complex and personalised planning is required for each individual.
AP Taxation can assist in establishing a SMSF that will enable you to reach your financial retirement goals. The services we offer include:
- Establishment of a self-managed superannuation funds
- Completing all compliance and audit obligations
- Advice on taxation benefits
- Preparation of investment strategy
- Tax advice on maximising the potential of your SMSF
- Tax advice on purchasing property within a SMSF and establishment of the structure
Wealth Creation & Management
AP Taxation can help ensure that your personal wealth is managed tax effectively. We also provide advice relating to:
- Personal & Business tax planning
- Extracting profit from your business
- Remuneration strategies
- Tax-efficient savings and investments
- Planning for a comfortable retirement
- Exit strategies and estate tax planning
We also have an affiliation with reputable independent financial advisors. The services they provide include:
- Self-managed super fund (Specialist Advice)
- Estate and retirement planning
- Transition to retirement advice
- Investment strategies and advice
- Direct share investments (full time stock broker aligned with practice)
- Risk management including personal and business insurances
- Aged care, Aged Pension and Social Security advice